Tom Boellstorff (Anthropology)
Kitty Calavita (Criminology, Law and Society)
David Frank (Sociology)
Inderpal Grewal (Women's Studies)
Helen Ingram (Planning, Policy and Design)
Cecelia Lynch (Political Science and CGPACS)
Bill Maurer (Anthropology)
Rachel Sarah O'Toole (History)
Kavita Sara Philip (Women's Studies)
Kamal Sadiq (Political Science)
- Critical Legalities Symposium: Law and the Production of Knowledge, February 15 - 16, 2005.
Simon Cole (UC Irvine), Moderator
Marianne Constable (UC Berkeley), "Law and Knowledge in an Age of Information"
Marianne de Laet (Pomona), "Patents, Knowledge, and Technology Transfer"
Sarah Jain (Stanford), "Injury"
Bill Maurer (UC Irvine), Discussant
- Critical Legalities Symposium and Workshop: Genealogies of the Legal, October 28 - 29, 2004.
Inderpal Grewal (UC Irvine), Moderator
Kavita Philip (UC Irvine), "What is a Technological Author? Notes on piracy and the Knowledge Economy"
Jonathan Simon (UC Berkeley), "The Eternal Sunshine of the Law and Economics Mind"
Mariana Valverde (University of Toronto), "'Seeing like a City: Legal Tools of Urban Ordering"
Presentations of Faculty Works
- Quarter Meeting: Discussion of "Global Policy Fields: Conflicts and Settlements in Organized International Attention to Modern Census Activity, 1853-1947" by Marc Ventresca (Graduate School of Management, UC Irvine), May 3, 2004.
- Individuals, Organizations and the Law: Comparative and International Perspectives, a Joint Graduate Conference on Crime, Law and Society: WasedaUniversity and The University of California, Irvine, November 1 - 2, 2007.
- Ethnography Workshop with Sally Engle Merry (New York University), May 3, 2007.
- What’s So Hard about Soft Law? A Graduate Student-Faculty Workshop, May 4 - 5, 2007.