Tom Boellstorff (Anthropology)
Sharon Block (History)
Julia Lupton (English and Comparative Literature)
Steve Mailloux (English and Comparative Literature)
George Marcus (Anthropology)
Calvin Morrill (Sociology)
Justin Richland (Criminology, Law and Society)
Brook Thomas (English)
Ann Van Sant (English and Comparative Literature)
- Public Lecture: Susan F. Hirsch (George Mason University), "The Quest for Justice after Terror: Perspectives from an Anthropologist/Victim," October 16, 2007.
- Workshop: Discussion of papers by Stanley Fish (Florida International University), May 11, 2006.
Presentations of Faculty Works
- Quarter Meeting: Discussion of "Hamlet among Friends and Enemies: Shakespeare and Schmitt" by Julia Reinhard Lupton (English and Comparative Literature, UC Irvine), November 29, 2006.
- Quarter Meeting: Discussion of two papers by George Marcus (Anthropology, UC Irvine), May 3, 2006.
- Quarter Meeting: Discussion of "'The 'Man Without a Country': Lincoln, the Patriotic Citizen, and Civil Liberties" by Brook Thomas (English, UC Irvine), November 10, 2005.
- Ethnography Workshop with Sally Engle Merry (New York University), May 3, 2007.
- What’s So Hard about Soft Law? A Graduate Student-Faculty Workshop, May 4 - 5, 2007.
- Refunctioning Ethnography: A Workshop on Qualitative Methodologies, Interdisciplinarity and the Professions, January 27 - 28, 2006.
- Speaker Richard Weisberg (Cardozo School of Law), "Vattimo's Paradox: The Nietzschean Absence When Postmodernism Reveals its Sources in the Gospels," February 16, 2006.